Monday 29 April 2013

Chenille Scarf

Yummy, yummy blue fabrics.  Two batiks and two blue floral prints. Normally I'm not a 'loud' fabric person, but there was something in these prints with the flower centres that I just really needed to buy them at the time.

I spent some time flicking through magazines to try and figure out something that would allow me to use the nice big print of the water lily to it's advantage, with no real thought in mind of what I even wanted to achieve.  Then, as I was about to give up hope and put the fabrics away again, I found an article in the Nov/Dec 2011 issue of McCalls Quilting Magazine about how to make a chenille scarf.  Perfect.  I had enough fabric, in fact, more than enough, which is just as well because the first scarf I didn't read my tape measure properly and so it's about 30in too short.  I realised my error when I wrapped it around my neck after completing it.  Sheesh.  That one's now  a neck warmer which requires a pin to hold it in place. 

Then, I had to make a second one the correct length.  It's perfect.  Very soft and very warm.  There might be a few more of these in the future. 


I gifted this one to a friend (who looks gorgeous in blue) for her birthday.

3 comments:

Noreen said...

Andrea, it's stunning!

Noreen said...

Andrea, it's stunning!

Moose-ings said...

It's beautiful! CHenille just feels so nice!