Sunday 10 October 2021

12 Fat Quarters - So Simple!

A new set of 12 Fat Quarter and a super easy pattern - this is a sure fire way to get the sewing mojo happening!  I'd had the Fat Quarters for a few weeks before deciding what to make with them.  They are so gorgeous, especially some of the weird and funky flowers in the bigger prints.

The 12 Fat Quarters - ready to cut....

I cut out all the blocks and sewed them up in January 2020.  They got packed away and my sewing room was turned into an extra room for a belated Christmas celebration with Hubby's family.

Blocks made and laid out.

They stayed packed away until May 2021, when in the midst of another set of "stay at home" lockdown orders and the late Autumn/early Winter blues were setting in.  I decided to open the box and let the joyous colours help me beat those 'blues'.  
Can almost see the quilting detail.

I was hoping the photo above would show a detail of the quilting, but it hasn't come up as well as I would've liked.  I quilted this quilt in a lime green thread on my domestic sewing machine with a tumbling heart-shaped leaf design.


The piece of fabric for the backing was not quite the correct size, so the left-over squares and fabric pieces were added.




And, of course there must be the shot of the backing onto the front.  The orange binding is just the ticket for creating a good contrast between the front and back.


Finished Quilt - measures 49in x 56in

Here is the finished quilt.  Taking the photo on quite an overcast day has really made the colours sing.  Unfortunately, the fold lines show, so it's been re-folded along different lines and put aside until it's forever home becomes known to me.


Pattern used:  So Simple by MODA.

No comments: