Monday 4 January 2021

Tidal Waves

Super soft and scrummy, this yarn felt so wonderful in my hands.  Pure Merino Superwash Wool, combined with an interesting pattern made for great knitting!  You could say, all things came together perfectly.

Ready to start knitting!

The yarn colours I chose are 033 Cereza (red) and 139 Pocion (dark charcoal with reddish highlights) from the Malabrigo Rios 10ply range.  Perfect colours for my SIL.


A fun pattern with lots of leeway to be “organic” with the knitting.  I learned some new skills with the German Short Rows and Double Stitch methods.

Completed scarf.

Using garter stitch throughout means that the scarf is soft and will 'give' to fit the wearer.

The effect is amazing and I love it.  I also enjoyed the WOW factor from my SIL when she unwrapped this scarf at Christmas.

Blurry detail shot of the fringe


A well written pattern which uses up every single bit of yarn when you include the fringe.  No leftovers!

So much movement in the pattern.


Pattern used:  Moving Tides Scarf by Karen Dettering at Stitches'n'Things.
Yarn used:  Malabrigo Rios 10ply

No comments: