Wednesday 6 January 2016

New Year, New Goals

So far so good.  2016 has started off with a wonderful holiday to the Adelaide Hills - a snatched week away while DH was off work for the 'silly season'.  Last night was a good reason to celebrate with some lovely wine and dinner as DH had some great news regarding his job.  It seems I can spend less time working and more time quilting - yeah hah! :) 

I only found one quilt shop while away at Bordertown (apparently there are two), which stocked some lovely William Morris fabrics; and the day after coming home, sewed my fabric up into a block roll, which I will use while embarking on my own 'Dear Jane' Quilt journey this year.
Sideways view of Block Roll and Needle Book
(not sure why photo is sideways....)
Opened out Block Roll
I also made a small needle-book from the unused fabric length.
Inside view of Needle Book
I am searching my sewing room for another pattern to make a small block carry around folder thingy-a-mi-jig to transport the hand-sewing blocks in, which will also be made out of this same fabric.

My two new starts for this year will be:
1.    Dear Jane Quilt (with Kilmore Quilters) - new fabric purchase.
2.    Seminole block [row] of the month at Morning Glory - use up stash.

My goal for 2016 year in all areas of my life is twofold - focus on what I have already started and allow serendipity to happen.  If my plans don't work out, then I will do my best to follow the alternate path and not get distressed.


1 comment:

Jo said...

Good work Andrea. Glad you got to go on a holiday... Hope to catch up soon