Monday 13 July 2015

Oven-mitts & Pot-holders

Practical and useful.  Probably not a very exciting thing to post about, but I actually enjoyed making my newest set of oven mitts; and then a pot-holder from the left over fabric. 

Alas, they did not stay in my possession for long - these items are currently in residence at the shop where I teach some-times because Customers had been requesting such a class.

A very yellow photo of the oven mitts, because I forgot the flash!  Oooops.
 I have put insulbrite wadding in the mitts, with a layer of cotton wadding also to make them comfy and heat-proof.
And... a much better photo of the Pot-holder with the flash turned on!
No more burnt fingers now! :)

2 comments:

elliek said...

Like these sorts of pot holders. Well done and hope you get them back soon!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Maybe not exciting...but useful...when you get to retrieve them from the shop!