Sunday, 21 June 2015

Christmas in July - almost

Well, it's not quite July, but it is certainly cold enough at the moment for a Northern Hemisphere Christmas right here in Australia!

In an effort to try and complete some of my "smaller" projects, I decided to work on my Christmas apron.
 And... it's taken along time to percolate in the zip-lock bag it was in.  

  • Fabric and pattern purchased in 2009. 
  • Shapes traced onto fusible web in 2009.  
  • Applique fused and stitched onto background in 2014.
  • Finally put together a few weeks ago.  

 To get the shape/size of the actual apron, I traced around the shape of my favourite apron, then I knew it would be a perfect fit and it is.
Stitching this apron was quite a break away from my normal things to do, but the book I got the layout and letters from was so lovely and with many nice Christmas items contained in the pages, that I couldn't help myself.  I just had to make it!

I am looking forward to preparing Christmas dinner, wearing my new apron. :)

** Applique Pattern:  'I Believe' book by Nancy Halvorsen for Art To Heat.  Pub. 2009.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Very nice...

elliek said...

The joy of knowing that the fabric won't go off and still be there when you want to use it. Such a great apron.

Bizarre Quilter said...

I love it!

مؤسسة سحر اللمسات للمقاولات والديكور said...


ورق حائط وورق جدران بالرياض
صيانة جميع أعمال الفلل والمشاريع بالرياض
جبس بورد وأعمال جبسية بالرياض
تنسيق حدائق ومهندس حدائق بالرياض
ترميم جميع المباني بالرياض
أعمال حجر طبيعي بالرياض
شركه مقاولات ومقاول بالرياض
شركة كسر رخام بالرياض
شركة أعمال كهرباء واعمال سباكة وفني كهرباء وتركيب بلاط ورخام بالرياض
تركيب باركيه بالرياض
شركة دهان بالرياض
شركة ديكور بالرياض

مؤسسة سحر اللمسات للمقاولات والديكور said...


شركة دهانات فلل بالرياض
دهان بالرياض
شركة دهان قصور بالرياض
شركة دهان شقق بالرياض
شركة أعمال دهانات بالرياض
معلم دهانات بالرياض
شركة دهان أبواب وشبابيك بالرياض

مؤسسة سحر اللمسات للمقاولات والديكور said...



شركة أعمال جبس بالرياض
جبس بورد وأعمال جبسية بالرياض
شركة جبس بورد بالرياض
شركة تركيب حوائط جبس بورد بالرياض
شركة تركيب قواطع جبس بورد بالرياض
شركة تركيب أسقف مستعاره جبس بورد بالرياض
فني تركيب جبس بالرياض
شركة أعمال جبسيه بالرياض