Monday, 6 April 2015
Bali Stars - part 2
Another finish! I seem to be on quite a roll with finishes this year, which is making me very happy. Part of my New Year's Resolution was to get 12 (already started) quilts quilted and bound, irrespective of size. So far, so good. This is number 3 of my planned 12.
Back in October last year I put up a post about a quilt that I had been teaching. This is this quilt, completely finished, including a label and hanging sleeve.
It took me a very long time to find a quilting thread which would complement both the white background and the multi-coloured setting triangles and, wouldn't overtake one or the other of the fabric colours used. Finally, I found that yellow worked very well. I used King Tut thread in both the top of the machine and in the bobbin. Very smooth sewing.
My hubby loves this quilt because of the bright colours! I love this quilt because of the stars.
I will be teaching Bali Stars again as a two part class during May and I'm looking forward to the classes very much. It will be better this year, because I will be properly prepared and there are many happy vibes coming off the quilt.