First, my sewing lamp fell and hit me on the head after I turned it on, so I had to tighten the loose screw.
Started sewing. The needle on the machine broke. Changed it.
While changing the broken needle, I felt something crawl on my ear. I brushed away what I thought was hair. I felt crawling on my face. Brushed again, still thinking it was stray hair, only to realise it was a 2cm long spider. AAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. I'm still getting shivers up my spine while typing this blog entry a couple of hours later. There were about 5 mini spiders crawling out of the bag too. I am thinking that they wanted it for their new home because I removed all cobwebs from the ceilings and heating vents this past weekend.
Here is the offending bag, which still needs the binding finished on one side, almost ready to hold my scrapbook items.
A positive note about this bag, apart from the fact I have an immediate use for it, is that it been a great 'stashbuster' because I only needed to buy the zip and wadding. All of the fabrics and thread came from my stash - and I think it's really pretty.
The rest of the binding will be finished tomorrow because it is very hard to sew on and I need a break from sitting at the machine.