Friday 7 February 2020

Ombré Shawl

Ahhh - I really enjoy unearthing a project, particularly the zip-loc baggie ones and reconnecting with what is inside.

During 2019 I picked up this shawl project again.  I had put it away because I became very bored with knitting it.  Initially, I had thought with the different shades of red and orange that it would stay interesting to knit - but no, it didn't.

However, on the plus side, it was a super easy knit and a good project for train and car travel.  The yarn itself is so soft and has a beautiful hand feel.


Katia Ombre Shawl in progress.  The kit was purchased in September 2018.

This ombre shawl was finished in time for Christmas and was gifted to DH's sister-in-law, who promptly put it on and then wore it home!  Her delighted reaction was the perfect reason to finish this project, which had been intended for her from the beginning.

Unfortunately there is no finished shawl photo because I forgot to take one before gifting.

No comments: