Tuesday 17 April 2012

All Wrapped Up

Before Christmas 2011 - digging into my memory bank here - I wanted to make some gifts that were effective and best reflected the ladies I was making them for.  In the Moda book "Fresh Baked Treats"  I found the perfect gift to make - Jewellery Wraps.

They are beautiful.  A little bit of a fiddle, but oh so worth the effort.  I made one for my good friend Judy first...
Folded Up

Opened Out
The Outside
... then I got carried away and made them for my Mother In Law and both Sisters In Law.  I just fell in love with the colour combinations and it didn't matter what fabric choices I made, I felt that they were all fantastic.
Folded Up - Wraps for MIL, SIL1 and SIL2

The Insides

The Outsides
The best thing about these gifts, is that all four ladies are using them.  I think I hit the jackpot in gift choice - wonder what I'll make for next Christmas?

2 comments:

Noreen said...

Andrea, they are so cool! I'd buy one from you if you want to make me one!

BizarreQuilter said...

THere really is a lot of work in those, I'm glad you've taken really good photos. I've seen them in person, and they are truly beautiful - and your level of workmanship is amazing. xo