Monday 29 May 2017

Christmas Dining

Yay!  It's finished!  Back in January I posted  twice about the Poppy Table Runner that I had simmering away in my stash of projects.  I initially wrote about it as my first item for the Book It Challenge that I decided to take part in.

To say the applique stitching on this table runner was demanding, would be an understatement - it was slow with all the little points and curves, then I got onto to the miniature blue flowers, oh my goodness, I am sure that they bred and multiplied while I was stitching them down - they never seemed to end!
Back of runner to show the stitching around the applique shapes.
  My husband said:  "Holy Cow" when I showed him......

Detail of poppy flower


Detail of feather quilting down the centre
And, finally, here it is - all 162.5cm x 39.3cm (64in x 15.5in) in stunning glory.  I have re-named Poppy to be Christmas Dining because it shall grace the centre of my Christmas table this year.
I am extremely happy and very proud of myself for finishing such an intensive project.  Apologies for the bragging, but I'm super stoked!!

Pattern: "Poppy" from More William Morris Applique by Michele Hill pub 2012

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Andrea this is stunning ,well done and you deserve to brag its gorgeous xx

elliek said...

Stunning Andrea and why are we not allowed bragging rights??? You deserve to brag.. totally awesome

Meloney said...

Wow, that is beautiful. That is much work and it deserves the place of honor you are giving it.

Jo said...

So you should be. You have done an amazing job. Best of all, it's finished....

Joyful Stitcher said...

It is beautiful! You certainly should be very proud of this accomplishment!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful!! and not bragging, proud of your accomplishment!! And it is awesome!

BizarreQuilter said...

Wow. Wow.

Yes, a very intensive project, with the applique out of your usual comfort zone! Congratulations! xoxooxoxoxo

Lori said...

Beautiful project and beautiful work Andrea!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is beautiful. That is much work and it deserves the place of honor you are giving it.
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
gclub