Tuesday 15 March 2016

Diamond Triangles

Diamond Triangles is a fun quilt.  Using up many pieces of fabric from designers
Kaffe Fasset and Phillip Jacobs, it was a joy to see the optical illusions of diamonds and triangles appearing throughout the quit top.

With colourful fabrics and simple straight line quilting, the design by somebody else was a chance to indulge my hobby when life was very busy.


I enjoy the brightness and bold colour of the Kaffe Fasset Collective fabrics.  I also wanted a quilt for me for winter or those cool nights, which would be "too flowery" for the males in my house.  With 60% Wool/40% Cotton wadding, it is sure to be warm.


I completed this quilt a few weeks ago, but it was snaffled up at a sit'n'sew day to become part of a display for Kaffe Fasset himself when he visited a local quilt shop (Mill Rose Quilting - Ballan).  Unfortunately I could not attend the lectures, but have had wonderful reports from others of how fantastic the weekend was.

Pattern:  Three Times Around by Valori Wells.
Finished Size:  145cm x 169cm

2 comments:

Jo said...

Great work Andrea

Moose-ings said...

Lovely quilt! I think I might be ready for Kaffe Fassett fabrics.